The Karkloof Farmers’ Market is a fresh produce market offering high quality, choice, fresh produce from local farmers and producers in the KwaZulu-Natal Midlands.
The Karkloof Farmers’ Market is a unique in-door Market with a wide variety of stalls offering everything from fresh fruit and vegetables to delicious home-baked treats and organic products.
Fill up your basket with:
- Delicious crisp vegetables and herbs;
- Sweet and tasty fresh fruit;
- Traditional French Artisan breads;
- Organic cheese and yoghurt;
- Camembert made in the French tradition;
- Tempting chocolate brownies;
- Wedgewood nougat and Angel biscuits;
- A selection of nuts and dried fruit;
- Nguni biltong;
- Mustards, pickles and preserves;
- Pizza and pasta;
- Ready-made meals, pies and quiches;
- Something for afternoon tea - biscuits, cakes and tarts
- Focaccia, health bread and muffins
- Fresh flowers and seedlings;
- And so much more…
The Karkloof Farmers’ Market offers you a morning out for the whole family:
- Meet the farmers that produce the goods on offer;
- Enjoy a hearty breakfast, bagel or pancake;
- Sip on a fresh fruit juice;
- Savour a premium coffee or cappuccino;
- Kids activities include a jungle gym and enormous sand pit; and
- Spend some time in the indigenous plant nursery.
The Karkloof Farmer’s Market offers you a wholesome, community, shopping experience – meet the locals and get a taste of the Midlands Meander way of life. Pack a picnic basket from the variety of stalls offering quality local produce and then take in the rest of the Midlands Meander.
Supporting local farmers, growers and producers is what this Market is all about. Learn about the products you are buying, how they are made, the ingredients that go into them and how best to enjoy them. Food is seasonal so while you may not always find what you are looking for, you will always find something different and you can be assured it will be fresh.
The Karkloof Farmers’ Market is a vibrant meeting place. The experience is as much about purchasing fresh local produce as it is connecting with those in the community.
Don't miss out on a fun-filled morning.